I’m not gone … just super busy and I didn’t have time to write at weekend! I promise I’ll be back really soon — having a week off just turned me into this huge ball of procrastination … and just imagine, I’ll have 21 Dec – 7 Jan off … that’s two entire weeks! OY! 🙂
Hope everyone is having a great week! 🙂 Catch me at weekend! 🙂
Ready to GIG the Gators! About to step out of the RV and start tailgating! Everyone have a great Saturday! 🙂
There are many, many things to be thankful for today … and listing them would take forever. I know what they are – and that’s the most important thing!
Here’s to a great Thanksgiving for all of my readers! 🙂
No matter what … it’s going to get better if you stick to the plan! 🙂 That’s what my therapist has said when I’ve been ready to throw my hands up and run out of her office screaming. I think to myself, “How can it get better if the problem (person) is still around?”
I’m pretty easy to get along with, but when confronted by the issues of someone else — that look like a lifelong subscription to drama — and they’re pretending they’ve nothing to do with what’s going on and they’ve caused no rifts … it gets to you after awhile. And let’s face it – ignoring someone isn’t always an easy thing.
And I must mention this entire Hamas thing – again. The protesting that took place in San Francisco yesterday, outside of the Israeli Consulate … made me mad as hell. A bunch of punk-ass, granola eating hippies chanting racist, anti-Semitic slurs about Israel.
I wish people would take the time to research the issue before choosing a side because it’s – you know, picking a side without any knowledge is supposedly the right thing to do a/k/a POLITICALLY CORRECT. Perhaps the best thing I saw all day was this post on Tumblr:
Can you give me 5 good reasons why?
- It doesn’t use women and children as human shields.
- It’s the only true democracy in the Middle East.
- It is entitled to the right of self defense.
- I stand against the global anti-semitism that has been going on since the foundation of the Jewish religion.
- They have universal rights for every citizen. Homosexuals are not executed in the streets unlike their Arab neighbors. They do not enslave women unlike their Arab neighbors.
1. They bomb women and children.
2. Doesn’t accept the government elected by it’s people unless it’s to their benefit. Also starts bloody proxy civil wars in countries arming Muslims extremist and trading one devil for other they think they could control.
3. Feels it is entitled to sustain a blockade of basic health provisions, food and humanitarian aid.(remember when they illegally border a Turkish ship with unarmed activist on board and killed ten of them while the ship was in international waters.)
4. I bet who ever made this isn’t even Jewish, while I totally understand that some people hate Israel and would love to destroy, I really don’t see that as an excuse to let Israel to do as they wish without any consequences. It’s not anti-Semitism to criticize it’s government and foreign policy.
5. Just because Israel doesn’t treat women and homosexuals as second class citizens doesn’t mean they should get away with the way they treat the Palestinians. With no respect at all and stealing their human dignity by denying them basic human rights.
Oh, you must be talking about Hamas about bombing women and children. Using suicide bombers on cafes and buses, and indiscriminately firing missiles at civilians targets inside Israel. While also using civilian buildings, hospitals, mosques, and schools as headquarters, firing points, and storage areas.
Hamas is a terrorist organization that threatens the security of Israel. If Al-Queda was elected in Mexico, do you honestly think the U.S. would sit idly by while an openly hostile group took control? I think not.
The blockade is in response to the constant attacks from Hamas. Israel supplies many necessities to Gaza, electricity and water, for example. These resources are usually taken by Hamas to be used in their war against Israel, leaving the citizens with nothing.
In the case of the Turkish ship, the UN investigation has found that the “unarmed” activist had in fact attacked the Israeli commandoes first, leading to the struggle. Admittedly, the same report pointed out that Israel had used excessive force.
It should also be pointed out that in July 2011, the United Nations committee in charge of investigating the incident ruled that the blockade of Gaza was legal.
As for your “unarmed” activists, aboard the flotilla, the following were found:
- Slingshots with marble projectiles
- Bulletproof vests
- Gas masks
- Night Vision Goggles
- Flash grenades used against the IDF commandoes
Your statement claiming only Jews can support Israel is complete nonsense. I’m an atheist. In theory, I should be opposed to the idea of a Jewish state just as much as I oppose an Islamist or Christian state. However, Israel lives in a negative light simply because they are Jewish. History has not been kind to the Jews, and it continues to be that way. In the minds of people like you, the Jewish people of Israel will always be the bad guys simply because they are just that, Jewish.
Yes, let’s talk about the Palestinian rights in Israel. 13 of the 120 members of the Knesset are Palestinian Arabs. A Palestinian Arab sits on the Israeli Supreme Court. In 2002, 6% of Israel’s civil servants were Palestinian Arabs. In 2004, Israel required by law that every state-run company must have one Arab on their board of directors. There are also numerous Israeli Arab generals in the IDF, one of which is in charge of the borders.
I don’t think there’s much that can be said to that. And as always, my support — 210% — is behind Israel.
So, now … I’ve errands to run, lunch with a good friend and general nothingness to do! Here’s to hoping that none of you – my precious readers – is having a “You Gotta Be Friggin’ Kidding Me!” kinda week! 🙂
I hate that lives are lost in conflicts; however, the next time you hear Hamas talk about Israeli air strikes killing their children in Palestine … REMEMBER THIS PICTURE.
Hamas doesn’t care about their own people — they hide in residential areas to send their rockets into Israel on a daily basis and then cry foul when Israel responds after repeated rocket attacks.
I will forever support Israel’s right to exist and defend itself!!!